Entry (X) Visa
An Entry (X) Visa is given for the following purposes:
(I) Persons of Indian Origin: This category would cover
1.Former Indian nationals
2. Persons holding OCI or PIO card
3. Spouses of persons of Indian origin
4. Dependent children of person of Indian origin
5. Spouse of person holding OCI or PIO card
6. Dependent children of person holding OCI or PIO card
Exceptions: Not for Pakistani nationals, who should apply for Visitor Visa.
(II) Spouse and dependent family members of person holding long term visa:
This category would cover
1. Spouse and dependent family members of person holding long term visa like Employment Visa/ Business Visa/ Research Visa/ Student Visa, etc.
2. Family members and relatives of a foreigner already staying in India on a long term basis.
(III) Foreign nationals who own property in India
1. Sports teams/ sportspersons going to participate in international competitions
2. Students sponsored by AIESEC
3.Other cases as determined on case to case basis.
Validity: Entry Visa is generally issued for one year or less. In some cases (mostly for persons of Indian origin) Entry Visa can be issued for up to five years. Please note the validity of the visa is effective from the date of issue.
Documentary proof in support of any of the purposes shown above should be attached with the visa application. For instance, (I) persons of Indian origin should attach copy of previous Indian passport/ OCI card/ PIO card/ Marriage Certificate/ Uittreksel showing family details etc., as the case may be. For spouses of Indian or of Indian origin, legalized/ Apostilled Marriage certificate is required. (II) Spouse and dependent family members of person holding long term visa should attach copy of visa of person holding long term visa for India, and proof of relationship with that person. (III) Foreign nationals who own property in India should attach proof of ownership of property along with RBI’s permission to purchase/ hold property, and registration of the property with the concerned authority in India. (IV) Others should attach documents supporting purpose of visit.
€ 99 (6 months validity)
€ 148 (1 Year validity)
€ 247 (upto 5 Years validity)
Note: For further procedural details, please go to website of service provider www.vfsglobal.com/india/netherlands. In case of any discrepancy between this website and the website of the service provider or any Government of India website, please bring the same to the attention of the Embassy at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.