GENERAL INFORMATION ON CONSULAR SERVICES
Applications for Consular Services should be submitted to Outsourced Service Provider of Embassy of India, The Hague, VFS Global. However, applications for following Consular Services can be submitted in person at the Consular Services counter of the Embassy of India in The Hague:
- Emergency Certificates
- Short Validity Passports
- Endorsement of new passport number on PIO card
- Life certificate for pensioners
- Death certificate
There is no need to take an appointment for submitting application(s) for Consular Services in the Embassy. Consular Services are rendered on first-come-first-serve basis.
Timing (on all working days):
Submission of documents : 0930 hours to 1130 hours
Collection of documents : 1500 hours to 1700 hours
General requirements : Applicants for Consular Services are required to submit:
Generally, passport is required as proof of identity and Uittreksel (extract) from the concerned Gemeente (Municipality) is required as proof of residence.
Applicants for Consular Services are required to submit their Passports and all other documents in original along with a self-attested photocopy. All original documents are generally returned after scrutiny on the same day or on next working day along with the attested documents; in case original documents are not returned, applicants should ask for the same.
Mode of payment: Fee for Consular Services is accepted by debit card (PIN). Cash is accepted if exact amount is tendered.
For forms related to Consular Services, please see the link 'Forms for Consular Services' below. Forms can also be obtained free of cost from the counter of the Consular Wing of the Embassy.
Please Note :
Under Indian law, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who have acquired foreign citizenship are required to surrender their last held Indian passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship. In view of this provision, PIO intending to apply for Consular Services should surrender his/her last held Indian passport, obtain Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate/Renunciation Declaration (as applicable in individual cases) and then apply for Consular Services by submitting a copy of the Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate/Renunciation Declaration so obtained, along with other documents prescribed for the required service. In cases where a PIO applicant has already acquired Indian Visa after acquisition of foreign citizenship or if he/she has obtained OCI/PIO Card after acquisition of foreign citizenship, he/she needs to submit copy of his/her Indian Visa page or copy of his/her OCI/PIO Card (as the case may be) while applying for Consular Services. In short, PIO applying for Consular Services is required to submit copy of Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate / Renunciation Declaration OR copy of Indian Visa page OR copy of OCI/PIO Card along with application for Consular Services.
- Please read relevant links carefully before submitting the application. After going through the relevant links, if the applicants still have any doubts/queries, they may send their queries to the e-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org for necessary guidance/clarification(s). We welcome suggestions from the applicants for further improvement in the information on Consular services provided in this section.
Detailed Guidelines/ Procedure for Miscellaneous Consular Services
(Please click on relevant link below for more information)
1. Attestation of Documents (Birth/Death/Marriage/Educational Certificates etc.)
2. Attestation of Power of Attorney (PoA)/Affidavit (s) relating to Civil matters
3. Attestation of Power of Attorney (PoA)/Affidavit (s) relating to Property/ Financial matters
4. Execution of Will/ Gift Deed
5. Attestation of Commercial Documents/ Company Documents
6. Procedure for making application for allotment of Director Identification Number (DIN)
7. Procedure for making application for allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) in respect of companies or individuals based in the Netherlands
8. Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
9. NRI Certificate
10. Attestation of Copy of Indian Passport or any Other Miscellaneous Certificate (s) based on Indian Passport
11. Life Certificate for Pension Purpose or for any Other Purpose
12. Certificate for Transporting Dead Bodies to India
13. Certificate for Transporting Human Ashes/ Human Remains to India
14. Sworn Affidavit for issuance of passport to a minor child residing in India
15. Birth registration of Children eligible for Indian nationality
16. Fee Structure for Consular Services
17. Forms for Consular Services